What is there difference between audio qualities?

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums Video and audio conversion software What is there difference between audio qualities?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DVDVideoSoft 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sarah Whaley
    When I used the less recent system, the one right before I updated, I tried some songs from youtube on the highest setting, and then some on the one right below, and I don't think I saw a difference. But maybe I wan't paying enough attention. Is there that big a difference, especially now with insane and stuff? what is the diff between mono and stereo, and what is the deal with lossless audio? i'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff, so help would be great ^^ thanks

DVDVideoSoft
    Participant
    Assume there is an actor moving in a stage from left to right and you can hear his steps.

In a mono recording, you can hear the steps but you don't know if he is moving left to right or right to left.

In a good stereo recording and playback, you should be able to clearly distinguish which way he is moving .
    In other words, stereo gives you spatial information of the sound source.

Lossless wav is an original audio, as it is on YouTube, without any reconversion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.