Video won't open.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Adria 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    I recorded a long video with screen recorder. When i open it won't let me. I know it will work with shorter videos, but breaking it up and stiching it together will take days.
    I'm trying to convert it with the 3GP converter but i doubt it's going to work.
    Any solutions on how to open it? Or how to record a long video?

Nikky
    Nikky
    Hi, Lauren! Try to choose another codec and record video once more. Inform me about result, please.

Anonymous
    Hi,
    I installed Free screen recorder. I have a pb with the audio capture. I can't hear anything.
    Could you help me please??

Hi there, I know this is a slightly old topic, but I'm having the same problem with all codecs.  I notice it works when the file size is below 4GB, but if it goes above that, the file size of the video in windows explorer is exactly 4GB and it won't play in Media Player.  I double checked to make sure my disks were formatted in NTFS and not FAT32 since I knew about the 4gb limitation there, but they both show NTFS.  Perhaps the screen recorder program was written for compatibility with FAT32?  Is there any way to change this?  Or is there another setting limiting my files to 4GB?

PS, Nyanto, the answer to your question was in another topic I just viewed. The screen recorder does not support audio in the recording at this time. I don't know of another free screen recorder at this resolution that does support it.

Kubus
    You could try MKV player with recording option.

Helen
    Participant
    Hi Michael, thanks a lot, your report is precious for us. In fact, the test team engineers haven't ever recorded videos exceeding 4Gb so it is the first time we've heard about this issue.

Anonymous
    Would a recorded video simply play in VLC player? Just asking.... 

Adria
    aptemr2, yes, sure, you can play the recorded video in VLC Player.

Anonymous
    Same problem here: videos over 4gb won't open in VLC and Windows Media Player.

Adria
    Michael Durham, Ken, would you please register at our Help Desk and submit a request. Specify please what settings you used when recording the video. I will write you back with further instructions. Please in Subject put: "For Adria, Forum 4886".

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.