Video Call Recorder Forces Skype Restart

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums General / Announcements Video Call Recorder Forces Skype Restart

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mikki 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CSS
    Participant
    Recently Free Video Call Recorder for Skype started requiring a restart of Skype when opening the program.  I have Skype launch with Windows and I launch Video Call Recorder after I'm in a call I need to record.  I often must start the call before I am ready to record because I must receive permission to record the interview before I can proceed with the recording.  Being forced to restart once in a call is rather inconvenient and didn't occur in the past.  I now must remember to start Video Call Recorder before beginning any calls so that it is ready to record if necessary.

I have tested this with both Windows 7 Pro x64 and Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I have tested with Free Video Call Recorder for Skype versions 1.2.12.319 and 1.2.12.327. Both of these setups require restarting Skype if it was already open when launching Video Call Recorder. I tested with Skype versions 6.3.x, 6.10.x, 6.13.x, and 6.14.x without seeing any difference.

I found a download of an older version of Free Video Call Recorder (1.2.3.827) and am not forced to restart Skype when launching Video Call Recorder. I am only prompted about being on an out-of-date version. Another person that uses the software is on 1.2.11.xxx I believe and also does not get forced to restart Skype on Video Call Recorder launch.

Why does the new version now require a restart of Skype and is there any way to prevent this? I do not believe Free Video Call Recorder 1.2.12.327 required this restart when I first installed it, but I cannot be 100% certain of that. It only seems to have begun requiring the restart in the last couple of weeks. Is there any way to get ahold of the most recent version that does not require restarting Skype in the meantime?

Mikki
    Hi CSS. Thanks for your report. Yes, you are right. It is little uncomfortable that you should restart the Skype program before starting our program. But according to the latest Skype program algorithm changes, our developers were pushed to redesigned our program algorithm, so as a result our program can work properly but little uncomfortable for you.
    After all we recommend you to tick the option "Autostart" located in program tolls. With this option using our program will be more comfortable for you. Thanks for supporting us! Miki.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.