stereo on Youtube- No stereo on download

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums YouTube software stereo on Youtube- No stereo on download

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  samthjj67 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

videomitch

I have been having a strange situation lately. When listening to a song on Youtube, I can clearly hear the stereo separation, but when i download it to my computer- no stereo! I am using the latest version of the YouTube to Mp3 Converter(3.1.5.55). I could understand if the video was uploaded in mono, but this is obviously not the case. Any ideas? Thanks. Love all your programs.

DVDVideoSoft
    Participant

What preset do you use? May be you set “MP3 – Economy Quality Audio (64kbps, Mono”)?

videomitch

No, I have the preset set at High Quality Audio (256 kps stereo) so that isn’t the problem. This only happens occasionally, but enough to be bothersome. Is ther anything else I can try?

DVDVideoSoft
    Participant

how odd…will you give me that link for tests?

videomitch

Sure.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwEK9AYQHg If you want to go the YouTube site itself it is “the look of love abc” (please don’t judge my taste in music). It is the first music video that is displayed. Could it have something to do with the URL? Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Spuggy

I can confirm (on v.3.1.5.55) that all of the numerous stereo content I’ve tried, regardless of HQ or Normal, and regardless of 128/256 setting, do in fact convert to MP3 with the originating stereo sound being merged into mono during the ripping process.

Is there any update on this?

What was the last version of YT-to-mp3 that actually outputted in stereo? (Was there ever one?)

(Shame really as originally I was only interested in converting selected music I already have on old purchased cassette tapes to mp3, but found that process to be impractical, so thought this software would be the ideal solution).

Spuggy

Hi, again.

I’m short of time at the mo’ but I have installed the full set from your provided link. I’m still in the process of testing again. Initially the same as before, But However! Something has now come to light!!

Check out this URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j15bTdDfiT0

When this is played as normal the output mp3 file is in stereo, but if you click the ‘HQ’ button on YT it immediately goes over to play in mono, hence a mono mp3 file output. Is this a coincidence or what? Yet on this URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQK9v22cwM

When playing this and hitting the ‘HQ’ button it has no effect on the audio, and a stereo mp3 output is still produced.

I gather the HQ button is supposed to enhance the video (and not the audio). Is it possible the software is (possibly needlessly) extracting from the ‘HQ’ stream?

I will be doing further tests here as time permits. Though did probably lose some time tonight by checking out some of the other software in that downloaded package – It’s a bit Good!

DVDVideoSoft
    Participant

I suppose there was a conversion error on YouTube. When they decided to add mp4 videos, they converted all flv files to mp4, but the sound became mono. So now there are some stereo flv and mono mp4 files for the same video. Our software downloads better quality video (mp4), that’s why you get mono.

We are trying to find a solution of this YouTube “particularity”, please keep watching our site and wait for updates.

Anonymous
    Hey you guys,  You are some hard workers, however, it is not your version, it is YouTube.  This effort is to keep ones from downloading music from the net without it passing royalty rights.  I have found no way around this except for using older versions of the downloader software...  wish you the best.

samthjj67
    Just found this new freeware, StreamTransport. It used to be called Any FLV Downloader. I haven’t got problem downloading video stuffs from hulu, youtube and musicme.com. Jaksta also helps, but not for all of the vids online.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.