dvdvideosoft software contains third party Trojan horses?!?

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums General / Announcements dvdvideosoft software contains third party Trojan horses?!?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Nikky Nikky 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

OlFred
    Participant

Hello there

I am one of the people who are highly into Security on the net and when I try download software from your site It seems it containd a MalSign Virus: MalSign.Generic.0D0 – All software from this site: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

I would suggest that you examine your third party software and if it contains Trojans as AVG states that it does, I suggest you find some other Third party provider which do not include trojans in their software.

This is the info about the “Third party Trojan”:
    Trojan horse Generic
    Rank this week: Nº 3
    Websites affected: 198
    Users affected: 50,000,000 – 100,000,000
    Affected Operating Systems: All Windows OS
    Trojan horse Generic Summary
    Trojan horse Generic is a malicious application that allows hackers to remotely access you computer system letting them modify files, steal personal information and install more unwanted software. These kinds of threats, called Trojan horse, must be sent to you by someone or carried by another program. They may also arrive thanks to unwanted downloads on infected websites or installed with online games or other internet-driven applications. Most Trojan horses can be detected and removed by AVG.
    Virus Removal Tools
    Many virus problems are prevented using AVG Internet Security, our best and most complete virus and privacy protection. One-on-one remote unlimited support is also available 24/7, to solve your device’s virus problems for you.

Nikky
    Nikky

Hello!

Thank you for the information. The latest version is absolutely clean, look at this

RockNET
    Participant

I also had problems with message threat about DVDVideoSoft download. My antivirus is Norton / Symantec.
    SONAR.LowSec.C!gen9, see URL http://us.norton.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2015-111223-5319-99
    The VirusTotal test mentioned in the previous post had checked the page and not the package.
    The following report file by Total Virus
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/21e68222846ff24436e219fc33a8d17f3f7ef65ff08e52ccce02989cfdf5d381/analysis/1461439456/
    Detection ratio: 9 / 55

George Duvales
    Participant

Hi there,

It definitely has some sort of Virus guys.

Everytime I try to open other Softwares (e.g Spotify, Stremio) or even whenever I try to uninstall softwares, A DVDVIDEOSOFTWARE Installation Setup Opens, and it doesn’t let me either uninstall other sofwares, nor use for example Spotify.

People from DVDVIDEOSOFTWARE, i’ve been using your softwares since 2009, and never had any complaints about them, but this anoying problem is really pissing me off, and honestly it makes me think twice whenever i need to recomend a convert/download software, and obviously it makes me skeptical to use your sofwares ever again.

I’ll wait for a response.

Regards,

George

Nikky
    Nikky

Hello,

Thank you for your request. Our products are freeware and during the installation we show other applications adds, which bring income to our company and let us continue developing free products.

All advertised apps are carefully selected by our partner, Open Candy, who gives us all the adds. So that if you get them accidentally they don’t harm your PC anyway.

You may deny their installation easily and go on using our freeware. But the fact that users can accidentally install the advertised applications is a great problem for antivirus. And as lately some antivirus software disapprove this type of activity they may show you malware warnings.

Now we are faced with a difficult choice. We’ll probably remove all ads from out installations and make our free apps paid.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘dvdvideosoft software contains third party Trojan horses?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.