Download Only or Convert to MP4 for best quality?

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums YouTube software Download Only or Convert to MP4 for best quality?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mikki 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kkuba
    Hi guys,

Looking to download 1080p Youtube videos in the highest quality possible (with audio quality being a priority), without regard for file size

I see two options:

1. Download in original quality (MP4, 1080p)

2. Download and convert to MP4, with highest quality/original quality.

Option two seems to give a larger file size, but takes much longer, does this result in any better quality, be it audio or video?

If the answer is no (ie, no difference) I have a follow up question: why does a youtube downloader, have a converter to MP4, when the default format for youtube videos seems to be MP4 anyway?

I am looking for a definitive conclusion as I am about to download A LOT of videos, and it is important that they are in the highest quality. I don't want to have to re-download all of them using the 'other' method if it turns out it is of higher quality. Hoping that someone can produce some stats for comparison.

Thanks in advance guys.

JimDaddy
    Participant
    The MP4 conversion is for the videos that aren't in mp4. Some come in FLV and other formats. To your question, you don't need to convert from mp4 to mp4.

Mikki
    Thanks for your answer and for supporting us, JimDaddy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.