YouTube, video, MP3, photo
downloaders, converters and uploaders
One installation for 48 freeware!

Forums

Check FAQ Page for known issues and approved solutions

YouTube software

My downloaded video won't appear on my ipod (106 posts) [closed]

Justin Bieber
If you can save it to an itunes folder, open itunes.. and click on purchased. Then, goto the folder you saved it too.. then click, and drag the song/video to a random spot, then click sync. & your done,.

Yan
@ Mike
 /quote Sorry,  not in Advanced. Right click on your video title and select "Get Info" that's where the dropdown is. Change Movie to Music Video, and it will add the file to your music list and sync it to the video directory on the iPod.
/endquote

That worked for me. Thank you dude :D

Just to give more details about the trick :
Right click on the video,
Click on Get info
Click on Options
By default the file is considered a film. Switch it the video clip then sync ur ipod. The file you just converted to a video clip should appear in ur video section on ur ipod.

Dee
Ok, I did that, and it looked like it transfered because they went off of my "movie"list, but they actually disappeared completely.  I can't find them on my music list, music video, nor on my movie list. Not on either my iPod nor iTunes. I think I am frustrated because I have been using this conversion problem for several years w/o any problems.

I have an iPod classic 80 gig
I have cleared my cache
I have run cclean
I have uninstalled the entire program and reloaded it.

Now what?

Keisha
I downloaded the videos i wanted from youtube , but the problem is whenever i put the downloaded videos from youtube onto the playlist on itunes it doesnt showup as a video it shows up playing but without a video.Can you please help me ?

thank you ,

Joyce
Administrator
Hi,. please specify the version of the program, version of your iPod and the preset you are using.

wegogreycup
I have an old 4GB ipod. I can't move the youtube files from itunes to ipod either.
I've done the converting but no luck. in the 'Summary' tab for my ipod, 'movies' isn't even there.
I also don't have the option of selective syncing..it's all or nothing.
Hope someone can figure this out.

wegogreycup
OK, I dragged the file from Itunes onto my desktop. Then I right clicked it and under the 'SEND TO' option, I chose my ipod - which is drive I (capital i ) I then double clicked that drive and sure enough, the file is there but I still can't find it on the ipod. Weird.

Joyce
Administrator
What is the version of your program?

Kribs
Yesterday i put the music into my itunes and it worked fine but this morning i tried it and it said the song couldnt be used because the original file couldnt be found then it asked if i wanted to locate it, what should i do?

Alice
Administrator
Hi, Kribs! Would you please specify what program and what version of it are you using?

brittany
ive downloaded atleast 10 songs they r on my itunes but when i had my ipod touch 4g plugged in the whole time it never picked it up like all the videos. what do i do??

Alice
Administrator
Hi, Brittany, highlight audios in iTunes, then click advanced (top left corner) and click Create ipod or iphone version. iTunes will actually create a new version that you can download to your ipod, and you can just get rid of the older version since the new one is already saved in the iTunes file on your hard drive.

Anna Roberts
I downloaded a youtube video and converted it into music. It is in my iTunes but not in my iPod nano 6G
Please help i dont know what to do!

Joyce
Administrator
Please, if you have music in iTunes already, try to follow instructions given by Alice. Let us know how it works.

ramb.kos014@gmail.co
may be your video format is not computable with your iphod.

alicia woods
I have had the same problem before. I used to download videos from youtube and other sites and I had a habit of just sticking it manually on my ipod. Of course with this scenario I couldn't play my videos most of the time. Silly me... I got things working with the new itunes. It's best to stick to the proprietary software sometimes if we need some things done. As of now, I enjoy playing videos uploaded via iTunes.

Alicia Woods

Sam
As someone above me said before, when converting the videos, Itunes recognizes the videos as movies, not as songs or music videos, so you have to right-click all of the videos and change them to music video tab, or click "sync" under the MOVIES tab on your iphone's summary page.

Sam
As in the "Sync Movies" button, which is most likely un-checked is what i mean.

brittany
you have to go to library, click movies, you should see the movie u want, then right click and click get info, there should be a pop up that says somthing about cannot locate file, click locate then exit out of info box

mike
when i first downloaded songs they went onto itunes like they were supposed to but now when i try it (2 days later) nothing is showing up on itunes how do i fix this.

Alice
Administrator
Hi! Please, try to update both: our software and iTunes, and let me know how this works for you.

Parker
I have the same problem of music not appearing on my ipod. clicking the sync movies button on itunes probably will work but whenever i click it all of my music, videos, etc gets deleted. does itunes save them somewhere else or is it gone? if i hit don't apply then i get it all back but the sync videos button is still unchecked. how do i get it to work and keep all my stuff?

Alice
Administrator
Hi! Try to check this instruction, please.

Tony
My iTunes won't let one of the movies I bought but I successfully purchased the movie

Alice
Administrator
Where did you buy it? :) Did you use our programs?

confused
so i bought a movie off of itunes and i tried to sync it to my ipod but it wont sync on my ipod....

Alice
Administrator
Hi! How and which of the programs did you use? Please, explain your actions step by step.

Laura
Hi I'm having the same problem with my iPod nano 4th generation. 

I have converted my videos to mp4 format and it was successfully place into my itunes and can be played but cannot sync to my ipod. It says the format does not support.

Please help.
E-mail me back : tian_turtle@hotmail.com

thanks

JazzyJ
Hey, I used the converter to convert a film my friend sent me. I did it for the type of iPod I have and it went onto iTunes. But when I sync my iPod, it doesn't appear on there. Somebody help me!:)

Alice
Administrator
Hi! What version exactly do you use? Try to reinstall the prgram. The latest version doesn't have this problem.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies