Click 'Add file…' to browse for a video file or just drag and drop your video file in the program's window.
- The app will generate an audio waveform and show you the intensity of the sound.
- The timeline will display automatically set tags for the first frames of every scene of the video and the playback indicator to navigate along the video.
Note: Depending on the video duration and PC performance, the video indexing may take a couple of minutes.
Step 3. Edit video
- Define the starting point of the selection by clicking the 'Begin selection' button and define the end point by dragging the indicator to the desired position and clicking the same button.
- Choose as many selections as you want to delete.
- Undo selections: use the 'Undo selection' button to clear the selection.
Note: to undo all selections, place the indicator in the unselected area. To delete one selection, place the indicator within this selection.
- Delete automatically set tags by clicking 'Edit > Delete auto tags' in the Menu (or right- click and choose 'Delete all auto tags').
- Set additional tags: drag the playback indicator to the point where you want to set a new tag and click the 'Set tag' button.
- Edit tags: Open 'Edit tags' menu and specify intervals for tags (e.g. 10 min, 3 min or 30 sec), or set a specific number of tags for the video file, (e.g. 1, 5, etc.), or use the 'Delete all' button (you can also select the tags you want to delete by highlighting them and pressing Del on the keyboard).
Step 4. Rotate video (optional)
Click 'Rotate button' to rotate the image until it is right side up.
Step 5. Choose output options and save video
Select the output format from the drop-down menu: Original, AVI, MP4, MKV, MP3 (audio only) or GIF.
Note: if you choose 'original format', Free Video Editor processes the video file without re-encoding, which means that the process is extremely fast and the original quality is preserved.
Alternatively, you can convert a video file to another format without editing it: clear all selections, delete all tags, choose the output format and click ‘Save video’.
Choose Saving option:
- Save video (save the video as a single file deleting the selected parts)
- Split by selections + Save video (delete all the selected scenes and save remaining parts as separate files)
- Split by tags + Save video (split the video by tags and save the parts as separate files)