How do you convert YouTube videos to iTunes for free?
To convert a YouTube video for later playback in iTunes you need a proper tool. Free YouTube Download is the one you need. The program interface is very intuitive. You won’t find it hard to cope with its options. Below are the steps to follow.
- Install the DVDVideoSoft downloader first. Both Win and Mac versions are available for download.
- Copy a URL for a YouTube video, playlist, or user channel you want to send to iTunes.
- Add the copied link to the user interface.
- From a variety of formats on top select the one that can be played in iTunes: ‘MOV - iPhone & iPad’ or ‘MP4’. Pick ‘Add output files to new iTunes playlist’ in Tools - Options - Output to open downloaded files in iTunes automatically. You won’t need to drag files to its media library after that.
- Press ‘Download’ to save all.
Why choose MOV and MP4 for download?
The thing is that iTunes doesn’t recognize all the video formats for input. MP4, QuickTime (or MOV), and M4V are the only ones you can open in this media player.
Can I open the downloaded YouTube videos on an iOS device?
iTunes is the easiest way to load non-iTunes files to an Apple device. All you need is to connect it to your desktop computer. Synchronize it and start the file transfer. That’s all. You can watch a YouTube video on a smartphone or tablet anywhere you want even without the Internet afterward. To listen to YouTube music on your iPhone, check another guide.
Why convert YouTube to iTunes?
iTunes store doesn’t have such an enormous collection of video tutorials, clips, and others as YouTube has. Besides, you need to pay for the files to download and watch them in offline mode. By converting YouTube to iTunes you can create your own collection of videos and access them from anywhere.