Problem converting mp4 to mkv

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bg4m3r 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bg4m3r
    Participant
    Hi, new to the forums, although I have been using DVDVideoSoft for a while now and love it. I've recently encountered a problem and was hoping someone could offer a solution. I converted several mp4 videos to mkv using the WebM converter as it seems that mkv works better for streaming on my local network. The problem is that on the videos I converted, the audio plays fine, but the video is frozen. I can jump to any point in the video and that frame will come up, but that's it. I looked around and someone suggested on another forum to remux the video with MKVmerge. I tried that, but it didn't fix the issue (didn't work for the other person having the issue either). The original mp4 plays fine, as well as other mkv videos, including videos converted from other formats such as flv. Any ideas on why this happened? What is the best video format for wireless streaming on a local network?

bg4m3r
    Participant
    I did have the K-Lite Codec Pack installed before, but removed it in favor of another pack. I will reinstall it and see if that helps and report back.

bg4m3r
    Participant
    Reinstalling the K-Lite codec pack fixed the problem. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.