Less Options in newest version?

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums YouTube software Less Options in newest version?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Nikky Nikky 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

RogerO
    Participant
    I just added my POST named DOWNLOAD vs DOWNLOAD CLASSIC and it brings up some of these issues from my point of view also.
    My basic question is WHY WAS THE previous version re-written and re-designed? The new one is not useful in reality. As you can see from all these people that have posted comments in here and separately they find it inappropriate for the task it was supposed to satisfy.
    I have seen several Start-Overs when it comes to the design of Free Studio and then all the sub programs. Most of these have produced a better streamlined product, but HERE is an example where Download was just messed up rather than fixed or streamlined.
    YouTube Download has been evolving with time to become just what circumstances required and now that it has been removed will it be recoverable so that it can be replaced and then continue on from there?
    Roger

Harshil Kikani
    Participant
    Will you please bring back the tmp cover download in the new version? Also, there is currently a bug in the program where if you put a video to download but not download it and minimize it and go back to Google Chrome (the browser I'm using), the video ends up not being there when I go back. Please fix this issue!

Nikky
    Nikky
    RogerO, I saw your post and replied there, check it, please.

Harshil Kikani, I send your request about tmp cover download to our developers and I'll inform you about result.

derekbd
    Participant
    We have to wonder if the developers are really paying attention to our requests.
    What I think you should do immediately:
    Roll back to 3.2.61 build 805. Stop bugging us to update to the newer inferior version. YouTube Download worked well with the options we need at version 3.2.61 build 805. Are you listening?

Nikky
    Nikky
    derekbd, we always pay attention to users' requests and suggestion. We bring back lots of options in the latest build 1016, and we may return more, just let us know which exactly do you need.

derekbd
    Participant
    That's good to know. Thanks.
    1. Have the indicator of which is happening: download, and then convert. Show time remaining estimate in window.
    2. Have all the options that were in 3.2.61 build 805., especially the full list of desired formats.
    3. (A new feature) Convert only when necessary to have final product be mp4 with h264 vid / AAC audio (or other selected desired format.) Some videos download that way (which is what I can most use), so those do not need to convert, saving time and processing power. As it is I always "download only", and if I end up with h264/vorbis I have to change to 'convert to mp4-original quality' and download again, which wastes time. If I am downloading 1080p video that makes a huge difference in time wastage.

That's what I have in mind right ow. Thanks again.

Steve Claes
    Could you please let us know when download the tmp cover is added? I'm going to continue using the classic converter till I can download the youtube cover again.

RogerO
    Participant
    I have been using the Classic Downloader only due to the options panels being there.
    1. One option that I'm not convinced is working is the "Desired Quality" in the OPTIONS/OUTPUT window. I choose the MP4 720p size and download several videos. When I play the resulting video files the video window change sizes from 320 to full screen. I have even chosen to change the option at the bottom of the main panel between the PASTE and DOWNLOAD buttons. I can't tell if that is making a difference. Which options to change to get what results need to be more obvious.
    2. Why is the Download Classic program closing and disappearing sometimes after the video is downloaded? it is not all the time and it is not due to some option that I'm setting. The only option that related to this possibility is the one to "Shutdown Computer When Done" and I haven't selected that option ever.
    This is a few items that need to be looked at.

I have seen all the programs when they were first generation and they were beautiful in appearance and the interface was graphically complicated. Since then you have reduced the number of programs significantly (not really a problem with me because I thought there was some duplication) but you have removed a lot of choices. That is not good. I feel that the drastic changes have been made by someone without much thought, just hacked in some cases. Also, I feel that the graphic interface - now being a 2 dimensional copy of the Win 8.1 O/S is bland - and I'm so sorry that they started this look and feel for the rest of the world to copy.

Nikky
    Nikky
    Hello!

Thank you for all the requests. We do read them and some of the options will beck to YouTube Downloaders very soon. Stay tuned!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.