Free AVI video converter harrasing my system

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums Video and audio conversion software Free AVI video converter harrasing my system

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nikky Nikky 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

maximilian mansur
    Participant

Whenever i try to uninstall ANYTHING via “programms and features” my systems starts the installation of Free AVI video converter. Cancelling this installation opens up a Freesoftware_ something tab in the browser and locks “programms and features” from working with a message “installation is in progress, wait”. This basically stops me from uninstalling ANYTHING on my pc. I’ve deleted Free AVI video converter from my system a while ago and i have no idea what did it do to my system, but i’m not willing to reinstall the whole system because of this.
    How do i disable it? This is basically a virus/worm and it is not acceptable

Nikky
    Nikky

Hello!

Please follow this instruction:
    1. Go to Start->All programs->DVDVideoSoft->Uninstall
    2. Manually delete folders (if you have them on your PC):
    – C:\Program Files\DVDVideoSoft
    – C:\Program Files\Common Files\DVDVideoSoft
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\DVDVideoSoft (this folder is hidden, you should change the settings, to be viewable so you can delete)
    3. Download and install free cleaning program CCleaner
    4. Open CCleaner, go to Cleaner tab und click Run CCleaner
    5. Open Registry tab, click Scan for Issues and then click Fix selected issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.