Converting protected DVD's to MPEG4-Free DVD Video Convertor – latest version

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums Video and audio conversion software Converting protected DVD's to MPEG4-Free DVD Video Convertor – latest version

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mikki 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Hi - I want to back up some of the DVD's in my collection to my iPad so that I can watch them when travelling overseas. The ones without 'Copyright Protection' work fine, but I get some that 'Free DVD Video Convertor' tells me it can't back-up as they have protection. Is there any way to get around this protection so that I can watch my DVD's on my iPad?

Many thanks in advance

Joyce
    Participant
    Hi Sasha, we used to have a product called Free DVD Decrypter (you can still google for it), however, we ceased its development. We cannot help you out here.

sasha2
    Thanks Joyce - I've ripped my disk with Free DVD Decrypter and then tried to back-up the resulting files to mpeg4 with Free DVD Video Convertor but still keep getting the same message that it can't back-up as the disc has protection. Is there something I should be changing in Settings that I'm not?

ps. sorry for the new Username, forgot my password on my old one.

Sasha

Joyce
    Participant
    Hi Sasha,
    The problem may be the following: Free DVD Decrypter just copied files from your dvd without taking off protection. That is the reason, most probably, why Free DVD Video Converter shows you the message about copy protection.
    As I said in my previous post, we do not develop Free DVD Decrypter anymore, so we cannot check whether this is the case of it working improperly. :-(

Anonymous
    Hello,

I have the same issue with some of my dvd's, has you found a solutions for this ?

Kind regards

Kristof

Mikki
    Hi Kristof. We are sorry but with our programs you cannot convert copy protected (DRM) video files. Best wishes, Mikki.

Anonymous
    HI there!  I'm loving FreeStudio but now I'm having a bit of a problem.  I'm new to burning DVD's to my computer and I thought that being able to use Free DVD Video Burner would be that solution.  However, I'm running into the problem of it not being able to identify that I have a disc in the disc drive.  Is there something wrong with the software or is my computer being stupid?  I mean, I can play the DVD just fine to watch it but otherwise i can't get it to be recognized that it's even there.  Any ideas?

Anonymous
    After reading a bit more in the forums I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I'm even using the correct program to burn DVD's to my computer.  Again, any thoughts?

Anonymous
    is there any chance that the software will be updated so that it can over ride the copy protection because even movies that are several years old cant be copied?

Mikki
    Hi Callum. We are sorry but with our programs you cannot convert copy protected (DRM) video files. Best wishes, Mikki.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.