Backing up a channel (Skip downloading videos that you already have)

DVDVideoSoft forums DVDVideoSoft forums YouTube software Backing up a channel (Skip downloading videos that you already have)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Adria 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Firstly thank you for implementing the 'download all videos' icon, it really makes things easier to make a backup of a favorite channel.

I was just wondering whether it is possible for the software to recognize if the same video is being downloaded again? To elaborate, I want the software to basically 'skip' downloading the video file if it already exists in the file location (this of course should be optional). This is important because I for example like to keep a backup of 'The Khan Academy' channel. There are literally thousands of videos there. I don't want to have to re-download each video again when I click on the 'download all videos' icon. I could of course do things manually, but clearly my solution would be a very useful time saver.

Please include this feature in your next update if it is possible.

Thank you.

Adria
    Abdul, there is such an option in our programs. Please, start the DVDVideoSoft application and go to Options - General and put a stick on "Skip downloading if the file already exists".  Now start downloading videos from YouTube.
    If this option doesn't work for you, register via Help desk please and submit a request. In Subject write: "for Adria from Abdul, Forum 6492".

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.