YouTube, video, MP3, photo
downloaders, converters and uploaders
One installation for 48 freeware!

Forums

Check FAQ Page for known issues and approved solutions

YouTube software

Virus in youtube to mp3 converter? (21 posts) [closed]

ilo
Avast 5 free edition found a virus and blocked the connection while i was downloading free youtube to mp3 converter in Internet explorer. What's happening?

ilo
Thank you!

ilo
my antivirus still blocks me whenever i try to open it and there isn't any option to just trust it. it can either block, delete or move to virus chest. I'll have to wait for a new version which doesn't get picked up as a virus :(

Noelle Pozzi
Administrator
ilo, it depends on the antivirus you're using, it is always different. normally, when the block-message appears, you can select the "always trust this website"-box, or smth similar. Try to open your Antivirus Program's Options and find the necessary settings there. :)

ilo
it doesn't have any options, i've explored the whole program and didn't find anything within its options to allow the download of the program, so i've deactivated the shield that was blocking the network from the options during the download and reactivated it right after. Then I installed the program and it was fine, but the virus message came back everytime I tried opening it.

Noelle Pozzi
Administrator
ilo, specify your antivirus program please and send me the screenshot of the virus message.

FullHD
I can confirm all FS programs are clean: no spyware, trojans or whatever.
A hint for ilo: use a better antivirus :)
ESET Smart Security is the best.
You should also know that every antivirus sooner or later will mark a file suspicious while it's not.
You can also upload seperate files to virustotal.com to check if it's safe or not.
They scan the file with 41 antivirus programs. If you uploaded file gets a 3/41 it's clean. If it gets a 38/41 report you can be 99.9% sure it contains a virus.

Noelle Pozzi
Administrator
Walnor, your antivirus cannot accept the FireFox Cookies Extractor (ffce.exe). maybe it thinks it has a troyan behaviour.

In fact, this component uses firefox cookies to check if a user logged in YouTube or not. To download specific videos (private or age restricted videos) our programs demands a log in to confirm age or profile admission. ffce.exe is responsible for that.

we will either contact the developers or change our settings. we will try to fix this issue, thanks for letting us know!

Noelle Pozzi
Administrator
Those people who had any problems with AVAST! Antivirus, please, check our latest version. 

This problem has been fixed there. Hope that everybody is now enjoying it!

Synthex
Avira antivir also reported Virus/Melware when downloading the newest version von youtube to mp3 converter.

hellrasinbrasin
I'm having the same issue with the latest version of Youtube Converter AVG keeps saying its Malware.

Joyce
Administrator
Hi guys, maybe you need to update your antivirus software, the latest versions do not detect any threats. You can check the programs for viruses with this simple tool. If after checking the .exe file, you get any reports about viruses in the program, please, send us the links showing this and please specify from where you downloaded our programs.

hellrasinbrasin
From what site do I download your software this site and this site only...
So it sounds to me like someone has corrupted the latest version of your Youtube converter program.

Joyce
Administrator
Hi, did you try to update your antivirus software? Please, send us a screenshot with the error message.

garrett
does this have any viruses at all? please message back

Joyce
Administrator
Hi, your programs do not contain viruses, you can chek it yourself following instructions in my post above.

Zoli
Hello! Same here, NOD32 said there is a Trojan in the download.

Quarantined: http://208.73.51.25/download/FreeStudio.exe    Reason: a variant of Win32/Kryptik.BNX.trojan

NOD32 uptdates itself, the virus signature database is up to date

Joyce
Administrator
Hi, please, send us a screenshot with the error message.

Saif
Well i don't care  because i have mac no virus who has a mac

Glenn
Yeah sure.  Everyone should only worry about things that happen to you.  If it is because you are smarter than everyone who doesn't have a Mac it must be very nice to be so fortunate.  You were borne with something you didn't earn.  You have no right to brag.  It's people like you that are causing the downfall of society (if you are smarter than me you must see this because even I am smart enough).

Alice
Administrator
Hi Glenn! Is there any problem you have? :) Please give me more details, and I'll do my best to help you. You can contact me via helpdesk, the subject of your message should be "For Alice, Forum: 2968".

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies